Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Coming Up Next

Hey, I just wanted to give everyone a little preview of the books I'm going to read and review next. I tried to look for books that have been on my wishlist for a while. I also wanted to make sure I included some smaller publishers. They deserve some love too. So here are my upcoming books! These are in no particular order.

Pirate Sun by Karl Schroeder -- I've been waiting to read this book for a long time. I have the first two books in his Virga series in paperback, and I feel like it took forever for Pirate Sun to come out in paperback too. In fact, I think The Sunless Countries, the fourth book, came out before this one was available in paperback.


A Book of Tongues by Gemma Files -- I've heard some good things about this one. I like its Weird West vibe and the fact that it has openly gay characters. It's something a little different, and I'm excited for it. It happens to be the first book in The Hexslinger Series, so if things go well, I might have to get the sequel too.


World's End (Age of Misrule Vol. 1) by Mark Chadbourn -- One of the reviews on Amazon says that it's a "terrific urban fantasy thriller that brings Celtic mythology into modern day London." That doesn't sound like my usual fare. I think the last urban fantasy I read was part of the Dresden Files, and I think I'm two or three behind now. I'm excited because of the (supposed) inclusion of Celtic mythology, which is not something I'm super familiar with.


Avempartha (The Riyria Revelations Vol. 2) by Michael J. Sullivan -- I already reviewed the first volume in Sullivan's series, The Crown Conspiracy. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and I'm glad that I'm getting the opportunity to read the sequels.


Past Continuous by Tony Bayliss -- I was recommended this book after talking back and forth with the publisher, Sparkling Books. All I know about it is what I've read on Amazon and on the publisher's website. Still it sounds like something I'd be interested in. I can't wait to dive in.

No comments:

Post a Comment